IVR
Hi all,
I’m wondering if anyone would be able to recommend some options for deploying a Phoenix backend with a separate frontend. If I have a Phoenix-only app, then I could use something like Gigalixir. If, on the other hand, I have a standalone frontend, I don’t think that I can do that anymore.
If anyone has any experience with this, then please let me know.
Cheers
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
RudManusachi
Definitely we can have an API in Phoenix and separate frontend application that talks to that api.
There are even flags for Phoenix generator to omit frontend related parts:
mix phx.new app_name --no-html --no-webpack(see more mix phx.new — Phoenix v1.8.8)
BTW, channels with WebSocket should also be available if required =)
derek-zhou
You still can. You can put them together and let phoenix to serve the static files.
Or if you prefer a separate, standalone frontend app, there are even more choices to host it, many of them are free. However, now you have 2 domain names (front end, api backend) your api backend need to have CORS setup.
IVR
Thank you!
IVR
Thanks, this is reassuring!
Would you say that having 2 domains names is a potential issue? I suppose that you don’t need a fancy one for the backend, you can just keep whatever the service you are deploying through will give you as opposed to buy a separate one, right?
derek-zhou
Always use your own domain name. you can use a sub domain, like:
logistic issues aside, you may want to share cookie.