Potentially dumb question, I am not an expert on networks and load balancers.
When a Live view starts there are two network calls. The initial HTTP to the phoenix server, and then the web-socket connection. If I deploy to a 2-node cluster that is running behind a load balancer is it possible that the initial http request is routed to Node-1 and the web-socket connection is routed to Node-2?
- Have I basically misunderstood how this works?
- Is it a problem?
- Is there a standard part of the network protocols that fixes this?
- Is there a standard load balancer setting that fixes it?
- Is there a non-standard load balancer hack required?
- I there some Beam clustering magic that routes stuff internally?