Developer |> Researcher |> Lecturer - University of Hagen, Hagen, Germany, Remote-First Germany

Introductory paragraph

Join our research group and lead an academic research & development & teaching project on web application engineering with Elixir/Phoenix. Develop a production-grade web application deployed as SaaS in collaboration with students, teach courses on Web Application Engineering, supervise theses and term papers. We are looking for a Developer |> Researcher |> Lecturer working remote-first as “wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/f/d)” (please accept my apologies, but AFAIK there is no proper translation). This is a 3-year full-time doctoral researcher position (+3 yrs optional extension) at the Enterprise Modelling Research Group, Chair for Information Systems Development, Faculty of Management and Economics, University of Hagen (FernUniversität in Hagen), Germany. Position Solid proficiency in German is required.

About us

My name: Prof. Dr. Stefan Strecker
My position: Professor, Head of Research Group
Company name: FernUniversität in Hagen, Germany

About the job

Job title: Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/w/d)
Job description: Full-time Developer |> Researcher |> Lecturer
Salary range: TV-L E12/E13 (in the German University System)
Position on remote work: We work remote first
Qualifications or experience required: Please see the official job posting (in German).

About the interview process

Relaxed, non-formal, virtual (Zoom), Elixir/Phoenix programming exercise(s).

Further info

13 Likes

Schade, dass mein Deutsch begrantz ist… :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

This sounds like a super cool opportunity for someone who knows German (so sad I haven’t chosen German as my second/third language when I could)!
Kudos to you and the university for using Elixir in education!

3 Likes

Sounds like the perfect job for @NobbZ or @LostKobrakai :003:
(Norbert and Benjamin are both based in Germany and are first and second in our list of those with the most accepted solutions here on the forum!)

Good luck to whoever applies - it sounds like a great opportunity!

4 Likes