barthr

barthr

Hi all,

First of all I’ve been learning elixir on and off for a long time now. I took multiple courses and also read some books. The problem is I haven’t really started working on a bigger project, so it all boils down to beginner code and nothing really complex.

A colleague told me that open source could be a nice way to tackle more complex problems whilst learning the language.

Now I’ve tried doing some searching on GitHub but without much success, some problems are way to hard and a lot of the projects don’t have much activity going on.

So I decided to point my question to the elixir forum, I don’t know if this is the right place but if you are a library maintainer or working on a cool project where you need a set of extra hands let me know! I would love to dive into a project to learn more elixir and also to give back to the community. I just graduated and have 2 years of working experience in other programming languages.

Cheers,

Bart

Showing Posts 1 to 2

grych

grych

Creator of Drab

Hi @Bart, you are welcome to join Drab, see Contributing. We need more hands to compete with the Live View :slight_smile:

barthr

barthr OP

Hi @grych, that looks like a very interesting project. I’ve seen the liveview video from Chris and was really excited about it, I had a quick look and it seems like this is already providing the same features and more! I will look into a few issues to see if there is anything I can work on! Thanks

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Chat/Questions Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews