script

script

I added dialyxir in my umbrella application root .its rc version

          {:dialyxir, "~> 1.0.0-rc.4", only: [:dev], runtime: false}

And in my project list i added plt like this:

      dialyzer: [plt_add_deps: :transitive]

When I run mix dialyzer . It gives me lots and lots of warnings about unknown functions and plugs and other stuff:

        Starting Dialyzer
          [
           check_plt: false,
            init_plt: '/Volumes/Data/Work/haitracker-be/_build/dev/dialyxir_erlang-21.0.3_elixir-1.7.4_deps- 
           dev.plt',
          files_rec: ['/Volumes/Data/Work/haitracker-be/_build/dev/lib/api/ebin',
         '/Volumes/Data/Work/haitracker-be/_build/dev/lib/admin_api/ebin',
          '/Volumes/Data/Work/haitracker-be/_build/dev/lib/core/ebin',
        '/Volumes/Data/Work/haitracker-be/_build/dev/lib/utils/ebin',
        '/Volumes/Data/Work/haitracker-be/_build/dev/lib/data/ebin',
       '/Volumes/Data/Work/haitracker-be/apps/fat_ecto/_build/dev/lib/fat_ecto/ebin'],
       warnings: [:unknown]
      ]
    Total errors: 552, Skipped: 0, Unnecessary Skips: 0
      done in 0m10.83s
     :0:unknown_function
     Function Access.get/3 does not exist.
      ________________________________________________________________________________
     :0:unknown_function
     Function Agent.get/2 does not exist.
      ________________________________________________________________________________
     :0:unknown_function
     Function Agent.start_link/2 does not exist.
      ________________________________________________________________________________
     :0:unknown_function
     Function Agent.stop/1 does not exist.
     ________________________________________________________________________________
    :0:unknown_function
     Function Application.ensure_all_started/1 does not exist.
     ________________________________________________________________________________
    :0:unknown_function
     Function Application.fetch_env!/2 does not exist.
     ________________________________________________________________________________
    :0:unknown_function
    Function Application.get_env/2 does not exist.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    :0:unknown_function
    `Preformatted text`Function Application.get_env/3 does not exist.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    :0:unknown_function
    Function Application.spec/1 does not exist.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    :0:unknown_function
    Function ArgumentError.exception/1 does not exist.
    ________________________________________
    :0:unknown_function
    Function Ecto.assoc/2 does not exist.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

   apps/admin_api/lib/controllers/room_admin_controller.ex:1:callback_info_missing
   Callback info about the Plug behaviour is not available.
   ________________________________________________________________________________
   apps/admin_api/lib/controllers/room_unit_admin_controller.ex:1:callback_info_missing
   Callback info about the Plug behaviour is not available.
  ________________________________________________________________________________
   apps/admin_api/lib/controllers/unit_admin_controller.ex:1:callback_info_missing
   Callback info about the Plug behaviour is not available.
  ________________________________________________________________________________
   apps/admin_api/lib/controllers/user_admin_controller.ex:1:callback_info_missing
   Callback info about the Plug behaviour is not available.
 ________________________________________________________________________________
   apps/admin_api/lib/gettext.ex:1:callback_info_missing
   Callback info about the Gettext.Backend behaviour is not available.
________________________________________________________________________________

These are the few from the complete log.

There are errors about callback missing. What does it expect for a callback?

I tried changing dialyzer: [plt_add_deps: :project]. But nothing seems to be working.

Any helps suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Showing Posts 1 to 5

jeremyjh

jeremyjh

Hi, leave out the plt_add_deps entirely. The default mode, app_tree uses the OTP dependency tree which is the preferred method now. I’m going to deprecate the mix dependency modes. That said, I have a feeling there is another issue. Can you include the full output? There should be a section before where yours starts that list all the OTP apps it is adding to the PLT.

script

script OP

Thanks for your reply. Here is the section which list apps:

 Finding suitable PLTs
  Checking PLT...
[:asn1, :bamboo, :base64url, :bcrypt_elixir, :benchee, :benchee_csv, :certifi, :combine, :comeonin, :compiler, 
 :connection, :core, :cors_plug, :cowboy, :cowlib, :crypto, :csv, :data, :db_connection, :decimal, :deep_merge, 
 :earmark, :ecto, :ecto_sql, :eex, :elixir, :ex_machina, :ex_seeds, :faker, :fat_ecto, :file_system, :gettext, 
 :guardian, :hackney, :idna, :inets, :jason, :jose, :kernel, :logger, :metrics, :mime, :mimerl, :parallel_stream, 
 :phoenix, :phoenix_ecto, :phoenix_html, :phoenix_live_reload, :phoenix_pubsub, :phoenix_swagger, ...]
 Looking up modules in dialyxir_erlang-21.0.3_elixir-1.7.4_deps-dev.plt
 Finding applications for dialyxir_erlang-21.0.3_elixir-1.7.4_deps-dev.plt
 Finding modules for dialyxir_erlang-21.0.3_elixir-1.7.4_deps-dev.plt
 Checking 184 modules in dialyxir_erlang-21.0.3_elixir-1.7.4_deps-dev.plt
 Adding 1759 modules to dialyxir_erlang-21.0.3_elixir-1.7.4_deps-dev.plt
script

script OP

yes you are right there are errors related to asdf.

  :dialyzer.run error: Analysis failed with error:
 Could not scan the following file(s):
 ould not get Core Erlang code for: /Users/shadow/.asdf/installs/elixir/1.7/lib/elixir/ebin/elixir_parser.beam
 Recompile with +debug_info or analyze starting from source code  Could not get Core Erlang code for: 
 /Users/shadow/.asdf/installs/elixir/1.7/lib/logger/ebin/Elixir.Logger.WatcherSupervisor.beam
  Recompile with +debug_info or analyze starting from source code  Could not get Core Erlang code for: 
 /Users/shadow/.asdf/installs/elixir/1.7/lib/logger/ebin/Elixir.Logger.Watcher.beam
 Recompile with +debug_info or analyze starting from source code  Could not get Core Erlang code for: 
/Users/shadow/.asdf/installs/elixir/1.7/lib/logger/ebin/Elixir.Logger.beam
 Recompile with +debug_info or analyze starting from source code  Could not get Core Erlang code for: 
/Users/shadow/.asdf/installs/elixir/1.7/lib/logger/ebin/Elixir.Logger.Utils.beam
Recompile with +debug_info or analyze starting from source code  Could not get Core Erlang code for: 
/Users/shadow/.asdf/installs/elixir/1.7/lib/logger/ebin/Elixir.Logger.Translator.beam
jeremyjh

jeremyjh

This is a known issue, the ASDF builds for 1.7 are done with OTP 20 by default, you are using 21. So you need to specify in the asdf command line or your .tool-versions elixir 1.7.4-otp-21

NobbZ

NobbZ

This looks as if you were using a pretty recent erlang but a prebuilt elixir. Please use a prebuilt elixir that matches your erlang version asdf install elixir 1.7.x-otp-2y IIRC, of course you have to replace x and y with the proper values…

The reason for this problems is a change of how dialyzer stored its meta data in the BEAM file since OTP 20. It has been discussed a couple of times in the forum.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews