Sinc
I ran dialyzer on this new code (with both Elixir 1.7 and 1.12) and am getting the error:
The pattern
variable_error
can never match, because previous clauses completely cover the type
:ok.
It points at the line in maybe_gen_certificates that does the put_error. I don’t understand why. The spec for generate_certificates should be correct, specifying :ok | {atom(), atom()}, and the with statement should be able to fail with {_, non_zero_integer} and return that as response. What am I missing?
defp maybe_gen_certificates(config, false) do
case generate_certificates() do
:ok -> config
error -> put_error(config, :certificate, error)
end
end
@spec generate_certificates() :: :ok | {atom(), atom()}
def generate_certificates do
{key, cert} = keys()
write_keys_permissions({key, cert})
response =
with {_, 0} <- System.cmd("openssl", ~w(genrsa -out #{key} 2048)),
{_, 0} <- System.cmd("openssl", ~w(rsa -in #{key} -out #{cert} -outform PEM -pubout)),
do: :ok
reset_keys_permissions({key, cert})
response
end
Thanks! ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
System.cmdand thereforegenerate_certificatesreturns{Collectable.t(), exit_status :: non_neg_integer()}not{atom(), atom()}in the case of a non zero exit status.Sinc
That worked. Thanks.
I wonder why this doesn’t report that the spec doesn’t match the success typing of the function. That would have pointed me directly to the problem. I would think that if it was smart enough to know that the failure couldn’t actually return {atom, atom} that it would complain about what it should be returning. Or even recognize that there was a second option for return that the error would catch.