Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background
I have a custom struct and I want to define a type for it so I can run Dialyzer checks. However Dialyzer is complaining that I have an unknown type.
Code
I have a struct that defines an Event and I have defined the following type:
defmodule MyApp.Event do
@enforce_keys [:event_id, :type, :version]
defstruct event_id: nil,
type: "event",
version: nil
@type t() :: %__MODULE__{
event_id: non_neg_integer,
type: String.t(),
version: non_neg_integer
}
@spec new(map) :: __MODULE__.t()
def new(map),
do: %__MODULE__{
event_id: Map.get(map, "event_id"),
type: Map.get(map, "type"),
version: Map.get(map, "v")
}
end
Problem
However when I run mix dialyzer I get the following error:
:0: Unknown type ‘Elixir.Event’:t/0
What am I missing?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
Somewhere in your code you are refering to
Event.tbut you have not analias MyApp.Eventthere.tme_317
Also if you want to cut down on the boilerplate for the exact same result you can use typed_struct. I don’t usually like to add tons of “helper” deps like this but in this case it’s so natural I use it all the time.
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
@NobbZ If only Dialyzer told me which file has the issue, it would be a start
I found it now, thanks!
@tme_317 I am a fan of the library and I use it in my projects.
However, I decided to not bring that yet to work. People may feel overloaded.
Besides, I find it better to use vanilla examples in the forum, this way the number of people able to help me is bigger