afternow
Hello
I in my umbrella I have an app with Phoenix 1.4.3. The App is setup with webpack and VUE JS (placed under assets/src). Everything work so far, but if I pack everything to a release (using Distillery), it doesn’t work anymore. It seems that the whole VUE stuff will not load. Before I create the release, I run “mix phx.digest”, but It seems it doesn’t work properly. When I delete everything in “priv/static” and run then the Digest command, it only creates a cache_manifest.json file with content “{“digests”:{},“latest”:{},“version”:1}”
I’ve read the documentation here mix phx.digest — Phoenix v1.8.8, but it didn’t helped me.
Is there anything else I have to consider?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming












Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
mix phx.digestdoesn’t retrieve files from anywhere by default, but just act’s on what’s inpriv/static/already. Basically you’re in charge of getting the needed files intopriv/static/, but the default assets pipeline generated by phoenix does include code to ensure the compiled js/css/images will be copied there. This makes it seem like phoenix is copying the files, while it’s actually just a certain webpack configuration doing that, while everything else assumes stuff is inpriv/static/. Everything withinpriv/should automatically be included in distillery releases.afternow
Thank you LastKobrakai for your answer. This helped me a lot!
For the deployment I run npm run deploy in the assets folder. This runs webpack and copy the data into the priv folder. Then mix phx.digest and finally mix release