armanm
Setup:
- ECS tasks with Cloud Map service discovery
- Tasks accessible via
service-name.namespace-name.local - dns_cluster is setup to query for tasks under
service-name.namespace-name.local - Security group allows port 4369 (EPMD) internally
- Nodes (running on different ECS tasks) can’t connect to each other
What am I missing? Are there additional ports or configuration steps needed for distributed Elixir on AWS ECS?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ruslandoga
Application ports would also need to be allowed. By default they are more or less randomly assigned. The ports can be configured with
inet_dist_listen_minandinet_dist_listen_maxkernel options like this. And don’t forget about cookies – they need to be the same for the nodes that attempt to connect; by default they are randomly generated onmix releaseso nodes with different container images won’t be able to connect. The cookie can be set withRELEASE_COOKIEenv var.armanm
@ruslandoga you were spot on. Those kernel ports were part of a different CloudFormation stack and thus were not applied properly. Clustering worked immediately as soon as the security group was updated to allow my port range which I set between 9000-9100.
Oh and for anyone else who might read this in the future, I also updated the
vm.args.eexfile to start Beam with the same kernal port range:jaybe78
Hello @armanm
I’m also in the process of setting up an elixir cluster on ECS fargate.
Not related , but I would be curious to know
if you wish you can reply to this thread
Thanks