AstonJ
EG:
defp deps do
[
{:phoenix, "~> 1.4.1"},
{:phoenix_pubsub, "~> 1.1"},
{:phoenix_ecto, "~> 4.0"},
]
end
Or do you prefer not to?
defp deps do
[
{:phoenix, "~> 1.4.1"},
{:phoenix_pubsub, "~> 1.1"},
{:phoenix_ecto, "~> 4.0"}
]
end
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sribe
Looks ugly, but I do it so that code diffs better reflect the actual change after an addition…
hauleth
I would add them, but formatter removes them after that. So while I would prefer to have trailing commas (but only in multiline expressions) I stopped using them as that is what code formatter expects.
So there unfortunately is no option for me in this survey
AstonJ
Oh I didn’t know that
I actually prefer them without (think I might have slight OCD, lol) but I’m sure I read in one of my Ruby books once that it was best to add them.
hauleth
The main problem in Elixir is that trailing comma isn’t always possible, ex.:
dimitarvp
Exactly in the camp where @hauleth is: I always add them for consistency and smaller diffs but the formatter always removes them.
blatyo
I don’t add them unless the formatter adds them for me. That’s the case for the Javascript stuff I work on and not for the Elixir stuff. When I had to manually added them, I actually felt like I ended up doing more work. Now that formatters add/remove them for me, I don’t care that much. The smaller diff is only slightly compelling to me.
OvermindDL1
Another +1 to adding trailing commas on multi-line lists/maps/etc… I always prefer them, diff’s, moving, etc… are always cleaner, but the formatter for some reason thinks more noisy diffs are more useful for reasons that I don’t understand… ^.^;
jeremyjh
I much prefer them but yeah, formatter. Our
eslintconfig requires them forjavascript.paulsullivanjr
I can’t do trailing commas. I think it’s an OCD thing for me or something.
peerreynders
I imagine Elm’s leading commas would drive you to distraction …