sergio
Here’s the relevant part of my Dockerfile:
ARG ELIXIR_VERSION=1.14.5
ARG OTP_VERSION=25.0
ARG DEBIAN_VERSION=bullseye-20210902-slim
ARG BUILDER_IMAGE="hexpm/elixir:${ELIXIR_VERSION}-erlang-${OTP_VERSION}-debian-${DEBIAN_VERSION}"
ARG RUNNER_IMAGE="debian:${DEBIAN_VERSION}"
And here’s the image it’s pulling: Image Layer Details - hexpm/elixir:1.14.5-erlang-25.0-debian-bullseye-20210902-slim
Here’s the error:
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM #6 [internal] load metadata for docker.io/library/debian:bullseye-20210902-slim
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM #6 ERROR: failed to authorize: failed to fetch oauth token: unexpected status: 503 Service Unavailable
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM ------
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM > [internal] load metadata for docker.io/library/debian:bullseye-20210902-slim:
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM ------
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM Dockerfile:79
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM --------------------
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM 77 | # start a new build stage so that the final image will only contain
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM 78 | # the compiled release and other runtime necessities
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM 79 | >>> FROM ${RUNNER_IMAGE}
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM 80 |
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM 81 | RUN apt-get update -y && apt-get install -y libstdc++6 openssl libncurses5 locales \
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM --------------------
Sep 28 03:43:02 PM error: failed to solve: debian:bullseye-20210902-slim: failed to authorize: failed to fetch oauth token: unexpected status: 503 Service Unavailable
Is this an issue with Docker services or a deprecation I need to fix myself in my codebase? Thanks!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sergio
On Render, it seemed like all I needed to do was “Clear build cache & deploy” to get it to function properly again.
Or maybe Docker fixed their URL issue?
D4no0
I start to think that using pipelines that use 90% of dependencies from a source you cannot control is dangerous, both in terms of outages and in terms of possible locks by vendor. I’ve had a similar issue today with not being able to fetch from hex.
Maybe it is time to break this cycle?
pdgonzalez872