sntran

sntran

Hello,

I have a weird question today regarding doctest.

I have recently built an Erlang module, but use Elixir for testing.

I also have an Elixir module that basically uses defdelegate its function to the Erlang module.

I want to write doctests in Elixir module for those delegated functions (since I can’t do that in Erlang, and Elixir’s one is nice).

However, when I run mix test, I encounter the following warnings:

.....warning: GenNTTP.command/2 is undefined (module GenNTTP is not available or is yet to be defined)
  (for doctest at) lib/gen_nntp.ex:104: GenNNTPTest."doctest GenNNTP.command/3 (1)"/1

warning: GenNTTP.connect/0 is undefined (module GenNTTP is not available or is yet to be defined)
  (for doctest at) lib/gen_nntp.ex:103: GenNNTPTest."doctest GenNNTP.command/3 (1)"/1

Here is the small snippet for the Elixir module:

defmodule GenNNTP do

  @doc """
  Sends a command and receives server's response.

  Both single and multi-line response are handled.

  For commands that are followed by a multi-line data block, such as
  "POST", place the block as the argument to `command/3` call.

  ## Examples

      iex> {:ok, socket, _greeting} = GenNTTP.connect()
      iex> GenNTTP.command(socket, "HELP")
      :ok
  """
  defdelegate command(socket, command, args \\ []), to: :gen_nntp

end

Is this expected? What can I do to overcome that?

Showing Posts 1 to 3

sntran

sntran OP

Ah, please disregard. I have a typo in my module name :confused:

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Rubber duck debugging strikes again! :heart:

sntran

sntran OP

Haha, silly me. I should have talked to the rubber duck in front of me.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews