i-n-g-m-a-r

i-n-g-m-a-r

The github docs state you’ll need a Z-Wave Bridge Controller in order to use Grizzly.

Could this RaZberry 7 Pro with external antenna for 868 MHz also function as a bridge controller?

I’d like to experiment with this radio technology to create a mesh network of Raspberry Pi’s.

Cheers, Ingmar

Showing Posts 1 to 2

mattludwigs

mattludwigs

Hey @i-n-g-m-a-r, author of the Grizzly library here. From a quick glance I do not believe that the RaZberry 7 Pro will work with Grizzly. Grizzly uses a program called zipgateway provided by Silicon labs to manage the Z-Wave network and facilitate communication between a user and Z-Wave devices. Unfortunately, zipgateway requires the controller to use the bridge controller library and it seems that the RaZberry 7 seems to be using the static controller library. You can maybe flash the RaZberry 7 firmware to change the type of controller library, but maybe reach out to their support? They might be able to provide a quicker solution than I because I am not familiar with that particular controller. If you’re able to turn the controller into a bridge controller, then you can run zipgateway and thus run Grizzly.

i-n-g-m-a-r

i-n-g-m-a-r OP

Thank you @mattludwigs that’s very helpful. I wasn’t aware of any different controller libraries. Being a newbie to this realm the lingo is kind of daunting. For example I’ve read this Z-Way licensing page a number of times and I’m still not sure what exactly they’re talking about.

I’m interested in connecting home networks using radio technologie. Turning Pi’s into a mesh network of radio devices sounds like an interesting approach. I very much like your grizzly project.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews