tomciopp
Does anyone know if Phoenix/Cowboy implements token binding? My guess would be no since it’s not well supported in browsers, but I could not find any information that would support or disprove this.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
tangui
I’m pretty sure it is not implemented: there’s just no interface to configure it with the OpenSSL library binding to Erlang (the OpenSSL version implementing Token Binding). (@voltone can probably confirm this.)
Also, since Chrome has removed support for it, my opinion is that it won’t see widespread adoption, ever. See:
Maybe you can tell us more: what are you trying to achieve with Token Binding?
tomciopp
Haha you’re probably the only other person on this forum who could guess why I’m looking into token binding. I’m refactoring/forking your wax library so that it is 100% compliant with the webauthn spec (fully tested). However, it looks like most people have just punted on the TokenBinding aspect which is understandable given its lack of adoption.
I’ll likely implement it properly as the spec dictates but leave it up the the end user whether they want to skip the TokenBinding validation step.
voltone
Right, the TLS extensions required are not supported by the ssl application.
tangui
It’s also possible to use it behind a reverse-proxy supporting Token Binding: https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tokbind-ttrp-05.html
Great! What do you mean by fully tested? I can’t have the FIDO2 official test suite working on Linux for 6 months already. I plan some maintenance work on Wax in the coming weeks.
Crowdhailer
How did the
fork/refactoringgo.I found this thread before a merged PR or anything that would say how it has gone.
tomciopp
Released as the
:webauthnpackage. GitHub - scalpel-software/webauthn: Authenticate users to your web application using public key cryptography by becoming a webauthn relying party · GitHubI need to write docs, and include a JS package before fully releasing a 1.0, but everything has been running in prod w/o a hitch. Need to take some time and fully finish this so that other people can use it without having to be a subject matter expert.
acrolink
Never heard if it.