Does the community (still) recommend Unpoly for new Elixir / Phoenix projects?

I noticed that Unpoly received high praise in some older threads. On the other hand, the latest release is 6 months old and it is LiveView that seems to be getting all the attention (apples and oranges, I know). Does the community (still) recommend Unpoly for new Elixir / Phoenix projects?

Liveview does get quite a bit of attention, true, but attention doesn’t mean other solutions suddenly are less applicable. What’s best to be used depends way more on the situation a project is in and other circumstances than the technology itself. I would actually see alpine.js as way more a contender to unpoly than liveview.

9 Likes

Thanks for your reply Benjamin. I will take a look at alpine.js, which at first glance looks great. To be honest, however, my primary concern is whether a tool like unpoly, or turbolinks, is the way to go in the current state of flux ushered in by the longer term promise of LiveView. I know that ultimately “it depends”, but any relevant feedback would be an improvement over my current state of confusion.