keep_zen

keep_zen

Not a long ago I ask why the first of parame of def named call in there.

Now I have a related question, what is the name of the part of these:

  1. def a(p1,p2,p3) do …
  2. fn p1,p2,p3 ->…
  3. catch p1,p2 →

Or maybe also incldued this: rescue v in ERROR →

Showing Posts 1 to 5

keep_zen

keep_zen OP

In Erlang – Types and Function Specifications There is a name call TList:

TList :: Type
| Type, TList

So, I think it may be called as something list, but what is it?

keep_zen

keep_zen OP

I am not sure, but I think v in ERROR is guard without when. Is it right?

hauleth

hauleth

  1. and 2. is argument list.
  2. is pattern matching for 2 values - type and value of exception.
keep_zen

keep_zen OP

I know in other language case 1 is called argument list.
But in elixir (a,b,c) and a,b,c don’t work as a sentence.

Kabie

Kabie

Clauses?

At least that’s how I call them in my macros.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews