Domainatrex failing on mix deps.compile

Suddenly seeing mix.compile failing for domainatrex :face_with_peeking_eye:, already tried force, clean and update but continues to fail. any leads what and how to solve it

== Compilation error in file lib/domainatrex.ex ==
** (CaseClauseError) no case clause matching: 6
    lib/domainatrex.ex:73: anonymous fn/1 in :elixir_compiler_1.__MODULE__/1
    (elixir 1.15.4) lib/enum.ex:984: Enum."-each/2-lists^foreach/1-0-"/2
    lib/domainatrex.ex:71: (module)
could not compile dependency :domainatrex, "mix compile" failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile domainatrex --force", update it with "mix deps.update domainatrex" or clean it with "mix deps.clean domainatrex"

downgrading to 3.0.0 works fine :thinking:

Update: 3.0.0 has another issue

== Compilation error in file lib/domainatrex.ex ==
** (UndefinedFunctionError) function :ssl.start/0 is undefined (module :ssl is not available)
    (ssl 11.0.2) :ssl.start()
    lib/domainatrex.ex:16: (module)
could not compile dependency :domainatrex, "mix compile" failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile domainatrex --force", update it with "mix deps.update domainatrex" or clean it with "mix deps.clean domainatrex"

This is apparently a bug. Fails on a domain suffix of length 6 at dominatrex.ex:73 · Issue #24 · Zensavona/domainatrex · GitHub

1 Like

I would still be curious what is the purpose of a library like this one.
EDIT: I meant your use case.

I have a fun side project where I run my own DNS over HTTPS nodes and I break the log the dmains and their sub domains and tld for fun. That is where this comes handy

1 Like