Owens
Hello all,
Strangely, I’m getting this error in production (Gigalixir) but not on local.
ERROR
Request: POST /parent_organizations/1/users
** (exit) an exception was raised:
** (Ecto.ConstraintError) constraint error when attempting to insert struct:
* parent_organizations_users_parent_organization_id_fkey (foreign_key_constraint)
If you would like to stop this constraint violation from raising an
exception and instead add it as an error to your changeset, please
call `foreign_key_constraint/3` on your changeset with the constraint
`:name` as an option.
The changeset has not defined any constraint.
(ecto 3.4.5) lib/ecto/repo/schema.ex:700: anonymous fn/4 in Ecto.Repo.Schema.constraints_to_errors/3
(elixir 1.10.4) lib/enum.ex:1396: Enum."-map/2-lists^map/1-0-"/2
(ecto 3.4.5) lib/ecto/repo/schema.ex:685: Ecto.Repo.Schema.constraints_to_errors/3
(ecto 3.4.5) lib/ecto/repo/schema.ex:666: Ecto.Repo.Schema.apply/4
(ecto 3.4.5) lib/ecto/repo/schema.ex:263: anonymous fn/15 in Ecto.Repo.Schema.do_insert/4
(rocketship 0.1.0) lib/rocketship_web/controllers/parent_organization_user_controller.ex:21: RocketshipWeb.ParentOrganizationUserController.create/2
(rocketship 0.1.0) lib/rocketship_web/controllers/parent_organization_user_controller.ex:1: RocketshipWeb.ParentOrganizationUserController.action/2
(rocketship 0.1.0) lib/rocketship_web/controllers/parent_organization_user_controller.ex:1: RocketshipWeb.ParentOrganizationUserController.phoenix_controller_pipeline/2
CONTROLLER
def create(conn, %{"parent_organization_user" => parent_organization_user_params, "parent_organization_id" => parent_organization_id}) do
parent_organization_user_params = Map.put(parent_organization_user_params, "parent_organization_id", parent_organization_id)
case Organizations.create_parent_organization_user(parent_organization_user_params) do
{:ok, parent_organization_user} ->
conn
|> put_flash(:info, "Parent organization user created successfully.")
|> redirect(to: Routes.parent_organization_user_path(conn, :index, parent_organization_id))
{:error, %Ecto.Changeset{} = changeset} ->
render(conn, "new.html", changeset: changeset)
end
end
SCHEMA
defmodule Rocketship.Organizations.ParentOrganizationUser do
use Ecto.Schema
import Ecto.Changeset
schema "parent_organizations_users" do
field :role, :string
belongs_to :user, Rocketship.Accounts.User
belongs_to :parent_organization, Rocketship.Organizations.ParentOrganization
timestamps()
end
@doc false
def changeset(parent_organization_user, attrs) do
parent_organization_user
|> cast(attrs, [:role, :parent_organization_id, :user_id])
|> validate_required([:role, :parent_organization_id, :user_id])
end
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Owens
Hello all, I found the mistake, I had a typo in my migration file.
The typo
Should be references(:parent_organizations
The reason it worked on local but not production is because I hadn’t created organizations yet.
Thanks @jesse for helping debug this.