tanweerdev

tanweerdev

I want to store jsonb both array and map. structure is very dynamic and its coming from Government sites and if we update front-end its a lot of work to convert/adjust to maps only. Is there a way/workaround that I can use, store and retrieve both json/map and array types which are valid for jsonb postgres type. I have tried to use source and copy to array type sourced field before calling cast pipeline if I get array in params(condition: Map.has_key?(params, "value") && is_list(value)). I am successfully able to save data but when retrieving from db I am getting cast error

field(:value, :map)
field(:value_array, {:array, :integer}, source: :value)

Note: Ecto version > 3 and postgres 10

Showing Posts 1 to 4

leandrocp

leandrocp

Can you provide some sample data ?

idi527

idi527

:waving_hand:

You can probably create a custom ecto type which would accept and load both arrays and maps.

defmodule IsItMapIsItArrayWhoKnowsEctoDoes do
  @behaviour Ecto.Type

  # ... other callbacks ...

  @impl true
  def load(value) when is_list(value) or is_map(value) do
    {:ok, value}
  end
end

I haven’t tried it though.

tanweerdev

tanweerdev OP

Sample Data
[234] or it can be %{value: "some value"}

tanweerdev

tanweerdev OP

Thanks, it worked just like magic

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews