andrewb

andrewb

Hi,

I have a multi-tenant system and I use Postgres Schemas to isolate data for each tenant. When a tenant signs up I run a set of migrations using the Migrator. I would like to create a MATERIALIZED VIEW for each Tenant that joins a table from the tenant’s schema with a public schema table.

defmodule Migrations.AddUserView do
  use Ecto.Migration

  def up do
    execute """
    CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW users 
    AS SELECT fullname, email, email_verified, mobile, mobile_verified, roles.display 
    FROM PUBLIC.users, TENANT.tenant_users, TENANT.roles WHERE PUBLIC. users.id = 
    TENANT.tenant_users.user_id 
    AND  PUBLIC.roles.id =TENANT.tenant_users.role_id;
    """

    
  end

  def down do
    execute "DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW users;"
  end
end

To create the VIEW I need to pass the schema name to the migration so it can access the correct tables. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Regards,

Andrew

Showing Posts 1 to 3

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Using the triple double-quotes syntax you already use makes it simple.

Just replace the hardcoded value with a string interpolation like so: #{users}, for example. Of course, the variable users must exist before that expression gets evaluated.

l00ker

l00ker

The prefix() function is probably what you’re looking for. Have a look at this forum thread.

andrewb

andrewb OP

Fantastic, exactly what I needed. Thanks

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews