lawik
Nerves Core Team
I gave a shot at summarizing some of what I’ve picked up while setting up dynamic repos with Ecto for a project. I expect to write more on this as I went to significantly more depth. But since the writing was a bit thin on the subject as it stood I wanted to get the basics summarized and out there.
I hope it will be useful to people ![]()
Thanks to Jose for clearing up some stuff I ended up bringing up in issues.
Trending in Guides/Tuts
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
treble37
Thanks for sharing, this sounds interesting, can’t wait to see more
riebeekn
Have you had a look at Triplex yet? At my current job we’re using it to create schemas at run time, it’s worked great so far and has a very simple / easy to understand API, highly recommend checking it out to see if it meets your requirements.
lawik
Oh, cool. I hadn’t. That uses the prefix functionality in Ecto. One of my upcoming posts will probably cover how I implemented something similar. Triplex will be useful reference. And I should consider using it for my project honestly.
kelvinst
Hey! Triplex creator here. Your post is pretty nice! When I get time I will investigate on using that kind of dynamic repos with triplex, I suppose both probably could work well together.
lawik
Cool, good to see more peoole who’ve dug into this