Nicemaker

Nicemaker

I have a nested preload with a has_many relation and I would love to filter these references by a join I did on the top level, Here is my naive thinking:

 query =
      from vm in VariantMarket,as: :vm,
        left_join: m in assoc(vm, :market), as: :m,
        where: vm.id in ^ids,
        preload: [
          variant: [product: [market_settings: ^pms_query.()]]
        ]

and for pms_query I was hoping I could us the dynamic helper like this:

 pms_query = fn ->
     market_filter = dynamic([pm: pm, m: m], m.id == pm.market_id)
     from pm in Pdex.Catalog.ProductMarket,
        as: :pm,
        where: ^market_filter
    end

But I get ann error saying

unknown bind name `:m` in query

As far as I understand this, it’s not possible to reference any top-level joins within a preload. I also tried subqueries with parent_as in the preload part but that was also unsuccessful.

I know I could solve this particular case with a few more joins on the product assoc and then the market_setting assoc, which I could then reference directly in the preload.

But this is just an example to test this kind of filtering. I have a more complex example where multiple joins would be a nightmare.

I get the impression it’s, in general, not possible to simply use a top-level reference as a filter in a preload. Maybe because of the order of interpolation.

But maybe I am just not understanding the dynamic helper at all, and someone could give me a hand, or could at least confirm my assumption.

Thanks in advance

Bjorn

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews