ycv005
How to convert following Ecto Query into the Plain RAW SQL
%Workspace{name: "#{prefix() || "public"}"} |> Repo.insert()
Your response will be highly appreicable.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
alexiss
regarding docs:
UPD sorry -
:insertis not supported (LostKobrakai
MyApp.Repo.to_sqlworks as well.alexiss
In Ecto 3.0 there are no
to_sqlcallback on repoLostKobrakai
Did you try it?
It’s documented here: ecto_sql/lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex at 2ec71d74655cc076b6c965740a357dfe1505883a · elixir-ecto/ecto_sql · GitHub and here’s the macro, which adds it to the repo: ecto_sql/lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex at 2ec71d74655cc076b6c965740a357dfe1505883a · elixir-ecto/ecto_sql · GitHub
It’s not part of the
Ecto.Repobehaviour though, which is why it’s not documented in that module. It’s only available if you’re using a SQL based adapter.ycv005
I want to query something like following
becuase I don’t want to use the schema in the command.
alexiss
In this case use query
hauleth
What are you trying to do exactly. Because I have strange feeling that we are dealing with XY problem.
LostKobrakai
It looks like you want to convert an ecto query to an sql query to use in migrations (hence the
execute). The problem here is that ecto actually cannot do that completely. Ecto as well as the underlying postgrex adapter does never interpolate parameters into the query. This is left to the database to do. So you’ll at best get the query with placeholders in the sql query and you’re left to replace those with actual values on your own. That’s whyto_sqlreturns a tuple of{query, parameters}.mxgrn
Do you mind sharing any pointers on how exactly Postgres does that interpolation for us? I just badly need a full plain SQL from a (complex) Ecto Query for performance analysis.
LostKobrakai
I don’t know what exactly happens behind the scenes, but I doubt the db does actually interpolate values:
Repo.explain(:all, query)