prkhrkat
Hey Guys,
I’m stuck on something and would appreciate some help.
I have a list of objects and want to insert all of them at once and revert all of them if anything is invalid. So I’ve written the following code-
Ecto.Multi.new()
|> Ecto.Multi.insert_all(:insert_all, Asset, assets)
|> Medqcx.Repo.transaction()
where assets hold the list of objects and the object looks like this -
`
%{“device_model_id” => “87”, “identification_number” => “AMH-P-3”, “last_service_date” => “2022-03-22”, “location” => “OT”, “purchase_cost” => “1000”}
`
But it’s giving following error -
(Ecto.ChangeError) value `"155"` for `Medqcx.Schema.Asset.device_model_id` in `insert_all` does not match type :integer
(ecto 3.10.2) lib/ecto/repo/schema.ex:1019: Ecto.Repo.Schema.dump_field!/6
(ecto 3.10.2) lib/ecto/repo/schema.ex:191: Ecto.Repo.Schema.extract_value/6
(elixir 1.14.4) lib/enum.ex:1786: anonymous fn/3 in Enum.map_reduce/3
(stdlib 4.3.1) maps.erl:411: :maps.fold_1/3
(elixir 1.14.4) lib/enum.ex:2480: Enum.map_reduce/3
(ecto 3.10.2) lib/ecto/repo/schema.ex:87: anonymous fn/5 in Ecto.Repo.Schema.extract_header_and_fields/8
(elixir 1.14.4) lib/enum.ex:1780: Enum."-map_reduce/3-lists^mapfoldl/2-0-"/3
(ecto 3.10.2) lib/ecto/repo/schema.ex:86: Ecto.Repo.Schema.extract_header_and_fields/8
(ecto 3.10.2) lib/ecto/repo/schema.ex:48: Ecto.Repo.Schema.do_insert_all/7
(ecto 3.10.2) lib/ecto/multi.ex:861: Ecto.Multi.apply_operation/4
(ecto 3.10.2) lib/ecto/multi.ex:844: Ecto.Multi.apply_operation/5
(elixir 1.14.4) lib/enum.ex:2468: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3
(ecto 3.10.2) lib/ecto/multi.ex:818: anonymous fn/5 in Ecto.Multi.apply_operations/5
(ecto_sql 3.10.1) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:1203: anonymous fn/3 in Ecto.Adapters.SQL.checkout_or_transaction/4
(db_connection 2.5.0) lib/db_connection.ex:1630: DBConnection.run_transaction/4
(ecto 3.10.2) lib/ecto/repo/transaction.ex:18: Ecto.Repo.Transaction.transaction/4
(medqcx 0.1.0) lib/medqcx_web/helpers/asset_bulk_uploader.ex:108: Medqcx.Helper.AssetBulkUpload.dump_csv_file/3
(medqcx 0.1.0) lib/medqcx_web/helpers/asset_bulk_uploader.ex:31: Medqcx.Helper.AssetBulkUpload.ingest_csv/3
When I insert the same through Repo.insert(), it goes through. But it does not solve my case.
What should I do?
Also providing my schema
schema "assets" do
field :serial_number, :string
field :last_service_date, :date
field :location, :string
field :identification_number, :string
field :purchase_date, :date
field :purchase_cost, :integer
belongs_to :device_model, DeviceModel, type: :integer
timestamps()
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
karlosmid
Hi!
Data that you are inserting must have for device_model_id integers, not strings.
dimitarvp
When you are using
Repo.insert_allthe data is not parsed / casted. So you have to make sure you are passing the right data – or have another processing step before inserting that will do the parsing / casting. You can useEcto.Changesetor you can do it yourself.