niccolox
hi
I am using Phoenix 1.6, edeliver, mix twailwind and esbuild and trying to use “defaults”.
I need some guidance on a working configuration for edeliver.
mix.exs deps
{:esbuild, "~> 0.2", runtime: Mix.env() == :dev},
{:tailwind, "~> 0.1", runtime: Mix.env() == :dev},
mix.exs alias
"assets.deploy": ["tailwind default --minify", "esbuild default --minify", "phx.digest"]
.deliver/config
__sync_remote "
[ -f ~/.profile ] && source ~/.profile
set -e
cd '$BUILD_AT'
APP='$APP' MIX_ENV='$TARGET_MIX_ENV' $MIX_CMD tailwind default --minify
"
__sync_remote "
[ -f ~/.profile ] && source ~/.profile
set -e
cd '$BUILD_AT'
APP='$APP' MIX_ENV='$TARGET_MIX_ENV' $MIX_CMD esbuild default --minify
"
mix config.exs
config :esbuild,
version: "0.14.0",
default: [
args: ~w(js/app.js --bundle --target=es2017 --outdir=../priv/static/assets),
# ~w(js/app.js --bundle --target=es2017 --outdir=../priv/static/assets --external:/fonts/* --external:/images/*),
cd: Path.expand("../assets", __DIR__),
env: %{"NODE_PATH" => Path.expand("../deps", __DIR__)}
]
config :tailwind,
version: "3.0.10",
default: [
args: ~w(
--config=tailwind.config.js
--input=css/app.css
--output=../priv/static/assets/app.css
),
cd: Path.expand("../assets", __DIR__)
]
mix tailwind default --minify works fine, but the mix esbuild default --minify fails
** (Mix) The task "esbuild" could not be found. Did you mean "hex.build"?
A remote command failed on:
root@buildserver
Output of the command is shown above and the command executed
on that host is printed below for debugging purposes:
FAILED with exit status 1:
[ -f ~/.profile ] && source ~/.profile
set -e
cd '/opt/app/builds'
APP='app' MIX_ENV='prod' mix esbuild default --minify
any guidance would be appreciated, struggling to understand why mix esbuild cannot be found but mix phx.digest and mix tailwind work fine
mix tailwind, esbuild work fine in dev, but when I try prod edeliver I get the error above
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
niccolox
added package.json for esbuild and it worked
for some reason I assumed the esbuild mix handled that dependency or somehow abstracted it
anyway, solved
package.jsonniccolox
for completeness, not seeing a package json check or insert esbuild/lib/esbuild.ex at main · phoenixframework/esbuild · GitHub
possibly I got into a bad state, too many changes on for deployment on the new app
server OS is Debian 10