aarroisi

aarroisi

Hi, I want to ask is it possible to turn off some elements from being updated by LiveView? I have a use case like the following:

I use Trix Editor (https://trix-editor.org/) in my project and it’s working perfectly with “Dead” view, / the regular controller view. But when I try to use LiveView for pages that incorporate this editor, LiveView seems to remove the elements generated by the library.

To give you some context, Trix editor requires you only to insert one custom HTML tag () and the library generates the actual editor after the page is rendered. When we interact with the editor, Trix will automatically send the generated HTML strings to a target input element in the form, which actually is hidden from the UI. After we’ve done using the editor and try to save, the actual data sent is the one inside the target input element, not inside the Trix editor itself.

When I try to use it inside a LiveView, it somehow removes the editor from the DOM after updated. The flow is something like this:

  1. HTML loaded, containing tag
  2. Trix editor JS executed, generating the editor
  3. The socket fills the LiveView component containing the form
  4. The form target input field is populated from the existing data
  5. Trix editor content is updated (by the tw-way communication between Trix editor and target input field)
  6. Live view detects the update, Trix editor is destroyed.

My question is, is there any way to exclude some part of the html from being updated by the LiveView? The only communication the LiveView needs in this case is from the Trix editor’s target element to the stateful process and vice versa, but no need to try to update and the state of the editor itself.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

arcanemachine

arcanemachine

aarroisi

aarroisi OP

Thanks! That’s exactly what I need and it solves the problem.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews