starkeepers

starkeepers

erlang-solutions.com still offers Elixir 1.13.4 as the latest version – anyone knows how that repo gets updated? I have no packaging experience, but would be willing to help with whatever needs to be done to package 1.14 into a deb available through the erlang-solutions apt repo.

Showing Posts 1 to 6

Eiji

Eiji

Since on this and erlang forums there is no their group you would need either know someone from it and contact him directly or use contact information on their page.

derek-zhou

derek-zhou

As a 20+ years Debian user I gave up on all 3rd party repo long time ago. You either use the packages from the distro or compile yourself. Elixir is a no-brainier: It compiles in one minute, and has no strange compile time dependency.

nhpip

nhpip

The nice thing with ESL is that you can pick the Erlang packages you want. In our environment there is no point having observer for example.

soup

soup

+1 to asdf on my dev machine, super painless.

And hexpm/elixir container images for releases, never more than 15 minutes out of date!

Sebb

Sebb

it is, but maybe a little scary. Also there are some incomplete instructions out there (missing hex and rebar eg). Nerves comes with proper instructions, I copy the relevant (non-nerves part) here:

git clone https://github.com/asdf-vm/asdf.git ~/.asdf --branch v0.10.0

# The following steps are for bash. If you’re using something else, do the
# equivalent for your shell.
echo -e '\n. $HOME/.asdf/asdf.sh' >> ~/.bashrc
echo -e '\n. $HOME/.asdf/completions/asdf.bash' >> ~/.bashrc # optional
source ~/.bashrc

asdf plugin-add erlang
asdf plugin-add elixir

# (omitting wxgtk-part as it is not needed for most)

# asdf is now setup and one can install erlang and elixir.
# asdf install erlang <TAB> gives available versions. 
# Latest releases at the time of this writing would be

asdf install erlang 25.1.1
asdf install elixir 1.14.1-otp-25

# you can have as many versions as you like installed at a time and then select them by

asdf global erlang 25.1.1
asdf global elixir 1.14.1-otp-25

# after any "asdf global xxx"  It is important to update the versions of hex and rebar used by Elixir, 
# even if you already had Elixir installed.

mix local.hex
mix local.rebar

# and most people will also want to have
mix archive.install hex phx_new
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews