Elixir 1.15.0-rc.0 - mix gettext.extract --merge gives empty output

I gave Elixir 1.15.0-rc.0 a try

elixir -v
Erlang/OTP 26 [erts-14.0] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:1] [jit]
Elixir 1.15.0-rc.0 (3cdb388) (compiled with Erlang/OTP 26)

mix --version
Erlang/OTP 26 [erts-14.0] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:1] [jit]
Mix 1.15.0-rc.0 (3cdb388) (compiled with Erlang/OTP 26)

To my surprise the command mix gettext.extract --merge gives empty output.

What am I doing wrong (besides using a release candidate :slight_smile: )
Can anybody confirm or point me where to look at please?

Update: Setup has been done using asdf

Best regards

You should probably post this inside Elixir v1.15.0-rc.0 released, it gives you a better chance at the core team noticing.

After modifying a few source files I tried to mix gettext.extract --merge the next day and this time the commands ran fine.

I’ve the impression that something is wrong in the way the 1.15 release candidate is selecting the files which are in need to get compiled.
I neither have the time nor the knowledge to investigate further, so I switched back to Elixir 1.14 for now

Were you running Erlang/OTP 26 with Elixir v1.14 before or did you upgrade both at once? Next time you give it a try, please try upgrading one and then the other, so it helps pinpoint if it is an Elixir issue or Erlang/OTP issue.

I had spare time to do some further investigation. If I switch back to Elixir 1.14.5 (still using OTP26):

elixir -v
Elixir 1.14.5 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 26)

The command: mix gettext.extract --merge works as expected and is creating the corresponding .PO files.

If I can be of any further help, please let me know.

1 Like