Elixir and ABAC architecture / XACML

Hello,

Does anyone already created or used an ABAC solution / architecture in the elixir world ? a syste based on attributes and policies.

The idea is to create a system (based on microservices) to support Policy : creation, verification and decision make (and why not respect the XACML structures)

Is there any open source project that I can use ? Or should I start thinking of creating my own solution ?

ABAC model :

3 Likes

Any updates on this subject ?

I have been doing some research some years ago, but did not find libraries.

I did something simpler, RBAC, but it did not go pass the MVP.

Finally I use Azure/AD as the main source for authentication and authorization.

1 Like

Wow. That’s not easy to do and even harder to know if its done right when done(?).
Why not just some Cloud solution? AWS Cognito works fine, all others should provide a similar product.

I need also to use other types of attributes (resource attributes and env attributes) not only user attributes (via Cognito ). I think this is a solution that must be implemented in the application side.

Have you seen this GitHub - boydm/policy_wonk: Elixir authorization and resource loading in Plug form for Phoenix?

Sharing another lib that I found today GitHub - swarm-citi-usp/smart-abac-elixir: Expressive and lightweight access control policies that can run within constrained IoT devices (Elixir version).

2 Likes