JupiterIO1
Has it ever been considered to port the Erlang BEAM and subsequently Elixir onto mobile devices? Ideally as the foundation of a new kind of operating system that could usher in the era of “every service being distributed”? To ask the least, wouldn’t such a platform favour mesh networking for mobile too? And interactions with Blockchain, how about it?
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
easco
At one point there was an iOS version of CouchDB and CouchDB is written in Erlang so it has been done before.
greenz1
Funnily I am using Erlang and Elixir on my Android device already!!
I installed Termux
bashterminal emulator.Then ran
pkg install erlangNow I am more into elixir so I installed asdf-vm on my phone which is very easy to do.
Using asdf-vm I installed Elixir on my phone. Now my phone is my test environment. I have also done some extra work so that GItLab always deploys develop commits on my phone. Now my phone is the test environment for my mobile app. XDXD And this is crazy awesome.
I also have ArangoDB installed on my phone. Sometimes it sucks the life out of my phone. But it is totally worth it.
dch
http://www.burbas.se/2011/04/12/download-erlang-for-ios/ is the most recent version to my knowledge, but also GitHub - couchbaselabs/iErl14 at master · GitHub has some stuff. R14 is … a long way back now, so none of your modern elixir or erlang stuff will work out of the box on it, but at least you know where it lives now.
JupiterIO1
Now this !!!
Thank you so much! I’m definitely going to try this and keep you synced.
I’ve joined your Early Access on your app! Well done!
greenz1
Thanks @JupiterIO1 !! I will keep you posted about the updates.