uranther
I have been thinking about setting up continuous delivery and I wonder:
Does running Elixir/OTP within a Docker container put you at a major disadvantage?
Will the application be able to use all the CPU cores and in general benefit from OTP’s design?
Maybe @jeffweiss can shed some light on the topic for us? ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mkunikow
I found only that there could be problem when you want connect with Erlang Vm with another Erlang VM on different machine.
https://github.com/Random-Liu/Erlang-In-Docker
uranther
Thanks for the link! Yes, networking is another friction point and a common problem I have with Docker in general.
andre1sk
In a few years Docker will be as good as Solaris zones
(or not)
NobbZ
A common problem I’ve read about is BEAMs hot-code-swap capabilities, which you seem to give up when using docker.
pragmaticivan
Check this out, that’s the closest setup I’m using in production, but you kinda give up about code-swap, but at least you have a good envelope (deploy way) for you infrastructure.
https://medium.com/@rubas/deploy-your-elixir-app-with-a-minimal-docker-container-using-alpine-linux-and-exrm-b4e166f1802#.e32lbqhxo
uranther
It seems like edeliver is the way to go; Plataformatec recently published a blog post about it and it looks easy to setup. It seems to me, unless you already have a Capistrano/Jenkins or Docker deployment pipeline setup, then it will be easier just to use edeliver.
Perhaps we can incorporate some of this information back into our deployment wiki thread.
freiden
How do you manage files permissions between containers and development environment?
mkunikow
uranther
Found this in my email this morning:
Dockerizing Elixir and Phoenix Applications
Learn how to make your Elixir workflow more consistent and convenient with Docker and Docker Compose
freiden
Thanks guys I’ll read them.