Toggl is the shared brand for Track, Plan, and Hire. All three companies share the same mission—to eliminate stress from the workplace.
We are a global team of 100+ awesome people geographically dispersed across the world. We have been a fully remote company since 2014 and have worked in a Results-Only-Work-Environment (ROWE) for the past couple of years. That gives our people control over their time and the freedom to work when and where it suits them best.
We have a set of core values that we live and work by. Our vision and planning are very transparent, and all teams define and decide on their goals in a team effort.
We are currently hiring for a passionate Elixir Backend Developer to help us build and maintain our (loved!) SaaS product: Toggl Plan .
Our tech stack: Elixir, PostgreSQL, Git and Unix
My name: Valeria Tassinari
My position: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Company name: Toggl
Website: Work with Toggl’s Global Remote Team
Company info and history:
Toggl Plan is a multicultural and diverse team of 15 people from all around the world.
Our product fosters transparency in work, and we practice what we preach—both internally and externally. We are dedicated towards creating a work atmosphere where it’s natural to be open, honest, evolving, and efficient.
As part of Toggl, we are building a complementary tool to the world-famous time tracker: a visual team calendar that helps project teams know who’s doing what and when in seconds. We are squarely focused on small-to-medium-sized companies, helping them reduce stress when dealing with deadlines, people’s availability, and ever-changing project requirements.
In collaboration with Toggl Track, our goal is to build healthier workplaces by offering teams simple and easy tools to eliminate stress at work.
About the job
Job title: Backend Developer
We are looking for a passionate Backend Developer to help us build and maintain our product. If you want to work with Elixir, work well in cross-functional teams, and value contributing to a highly diverse team, we want to hear from you!
Salary range: Gross annual compensation range for the role is €60,000-65,000 plus some great benefits.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Develop our product as part of cross-functional product teams
- Build and maintain our backend applications and our growing infrastructure
- Optimize performance and stability of our product
- Experiment with new technologies to improve our product and experience as a team
Qualifications or experience required:
- Familiar with all stages of web application development (design, implementation, testing)
- Significant experience with back-end development
- Experience with Elixir, PostgreSQL, Git and Unix
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Ansible and Terraform is a plus
- Comfortable working on a fully remote team, with good written communication and willingness to actively collaborate with other remote team members
- Value contributing to a respectful, open, transparent, multicultural, and evolving company culture
Who you work with and how:
You will be the 10th member of our engineering team, working alongside other backend, frontend, and mobile developers.
We lay out our growth strategy for 6 months at a time, pick projects that take us towards our goals every 6 weeks, and then execute accordingly while keeping everyone in the loop with thoughtful, asynchronous communication.
You will report directly to Iuri, our Engineering Lead.
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure of the employee)
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- €4,000 contribution for training, workshops, and conferences
- Health (physical and mental) budget of 2,000€ per year
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
About the interview process
Take a 20-minute online skills test—no CVs or cover letters needed. If you’re still reading, just go ahead and give it a go!
Elixir Backend Developer — Toggl Hire
After that, if all goes well:
1 week to work on a take-home assignment
Call and live coding exercise with Iuri, Toggl Plan Engineering Lead
Cultural interview with me
Paid test week with Toggl team (3-5 days of work, flexible setting)
We make an offer