Elixir Blog Post: Building a Streaming Music Service with Phoenix and Elixir

Hey there! This is the first article in what I hope will be a nice series about how I built (and am building) Lofi Limo. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. If you have any suggestions on how to make these articles better or if you have ideas for things you’d like to hear more about, please share them :grinning:

3 Likes

Sorry, but the colour scheme is not very friendly and the lack of syntax highlight in the code also makes for an uninteresting article to read.

The mp3s you send out are rather big for the sound quality (lofi?) they have. What’s the point of lofi if it does not save you bandwidth?

the lack of syntax highlight in the code also makes for an uninteresting article to read

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll plan to have syntax highlighting in time for my next article.

1 Like

The mp3s you send out are rather big for the sound quality (lofi?) they have. What’s the point of lofi if it does not save you bandwidth?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I have an item on my to-do list to see what I can do to reduce file sizes while respecting the artist’s intent. Right now the files are as delivered by the artists.

1 Like