mudasobwa

mudasobwa

Creator of Cure

A simple yet quite effective approach to make your library a charm to test. DummyWorker sends a message back to the testing process instead of performing a real action.

▸ Help To Test Your Library

Showing Posts 1 to 4

qhwa

qhwa

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing!

I’m very happy to learn such a test strategy.
One question, how does it work for async tests?

mudasobwa

mudasobwa OP

Creator of Cure

Generally, it requires no additional effort, that’s why I mentioned registering test processes on a per-message basis. There might be some caveats in particular cases, but there is no silver bullet and all of them could usually be easily resolved in place.

Messages are the actor model in a nutshell which is born to survive async environment :slight_smile:

qhwa

qhwa

Agreed. Some libraries make refers and check with refs. Is that idiomatic?

mudasobwa

mudasobwa OP

Creator of Cure

Yes, make_ref/0 is perfectly idiomatic, and Broadway does exactly that too.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Blog Posts Top

bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
pckrishnadas88
Hey everyone! :waving_hand: I’ve published Part 7 of the Building Distributed Systems in Elixir series, where we build core distributed ...
New
zorn
An educational side project in Elixir, Phoenix, and Tauri. I share what I learned while wiring Automerge into the BEAM, including how I s...
New
nathanl
Process labels are useful for visualization and debugging. Here’s why you should use them.
New
andreasronge
What happens if you design tools for LLMs instead of letting LLM use human tools ? Wrote a blog on why and what that enables. As I see ...
New
zorn
:pencil: Phoenix’s built-in LiveView test helpers require you to hand-build the form payload and start a fresh pipe after every click. Wo...
New
pckrishnadas88
In the previous part of this series, we built a Worker Pool from scratch, exploring point-to-point communication where a coordinator assi...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews