brainlid

brainlid

On your LiveView page, you are using a custom component. You want to be able to pass HTML attributes into the component, but the component doesn’t know anything about the attributes being passed! You need a way to pass arbitrary attributes through and get them where you want them.

I use lots of stateless LiveView components in my projects. A tip I learned makes it easier to keep components generic and reusable. Now written up as a recipe!

Showing Posts 1 to 1

cblavier

cblavier

Great post! I didn’t know about assigns_to_attributes/2!

We wrote a lot of live and stateless components and extracted some functions that helped us to make components extensible & reusable into a library:

https://github.com/cblavier/phx_component_helpers

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Blog Posts Top

bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
zorn
An educational side project in Elixir, Phoenix, and Tauri. I share what I learned while wiring Automerge into the BEAM, including how I s...
New
andreasronge
What happens if you design tools for LLMs instead of letting LLM use human tools ? Wrote a blog on why and what that enables. As I see ...
New
zorn
:pencil: Phoenix’s built-in LiveView test helpers require you to hand-build the form payload and start a fresh pipe after every click. Wo...
New
pckrishnadas88
In the previous part of this series, we built a Worker Pool from scratch, exploring point-to-point communication where a coordinator assi...
New
ryanzidago
Up until then, I found it very hard to communicate to LLMs that I specifically do not want to handle X case because maybe it has never ha...
New
pckrishnadas88
In Elixir, send/2 is non-blocking, which means an eager producer can easily flood a slow consumer’s mailbox. Because BEAM process mailbox...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews