acrogenesis
Has anyone had some experience in using Elixir to connect to devices in a Profinet network?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
tmecklem
I haven’t heard of anyone doing this yet, but from the (very brief) reading I did it seems possible. There are some real time constraints that it might not be possible to guarantee, but the use case is definitely interesting. Please circle back and update here if you find success or need specific help. I’ll keep my eye out to see if anyone else mentions it too.
tobi
Any updates on this?
I’m searching for an similar topic. In my case the elixir app should implement a profibus or profinet client. The profibus/profinet client should be able to:
a) read-in sensor data, provided by a process controler which is the profibus/profinet master and
b) provide new data to the profibus/profinet (and therewith back to the proces controler).
So, the difference to Adrian Rangel’s question is that I dont want to communicate with field devices directly - which I think needs an Profibus/profinet master (not a client) in the elixir application.
If this profibus-Elixir interface does not exist today, I would be very happy if there is s/o who can develop this with me …, because I’m too new at elixir to do it by me own in a approriate time
trarbr
Hi @tobi
I am not aware of any Elixir implementations of Profibus/Profinet. But it should definitely be possible
Elixir has excellent tools for working with binary communication protocols, like
:gen_statemand binary pattern matching. I’ve implemented most of KNXnet/IP and I’m currently working (on and off) on IEC104. There’s also a couple libraries for Modbus.I’m not familiar with the Profibus/Profinet standard. Unfortunately I don’t have much time to help at the moment
I am curious though - how would you be interfacing with the master? RS-485, Ethernet or something else?
cmo
There are some python implementations here which you may be able to use as inspiration.
acrogenesis
We are using GitHub - valiot/snapex7: Elixir wrapper for Snap7 · GitHub
Snapex7 is an Elixir wrapper for the Snap7 library
tobi
Great, thank you guys. This is a great help and takes me further. I will post here when I have set up something successful.