mmmrrr
I’m currently toying around with elixir desktop and I really like the concept. I can run the desktop example just fine on my mac but not the iOS sample.
The error I’m currently seeing is Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code in XCode.
Do you have any pointers on how to debug such problems @dominicletz?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
There’s heavy doomer energy on many of the forum threads.
This community has traditionally been optimistic and forward thinking. Now th...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Latest in /Elixir Desktop
Latest on Elixir Forum
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dominicletz
Have a look at the detailed build errors in XCode. This looks like the
mix compilewhich is executed by XCode during the deployment failed. You’ll find it in the output panel - imho apple has done a great job at hiding that…Let me know if you have trouble finding that and I can post a screenshot later tonight.
mmmrrr
Thanks for the quick answer
The problem was that xcode could not find my installation of mix (which is installed through nix). After specifying the whole path the script went through and the app “started” (as in: it did show the launch screen).
You were right, they have done an awesome job at hiding the build output panel
Now I have the problem that it crashes on start but I assume that this is because of non matching BEAM versions since I haven’t yet installed the correct elixir Version specified in the readme.
dominicletz
Yes, non-matching beam versions will crash