Elixir desktop iOS example not working: Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code

I’m currently toying around with elixir desktop and I really like the concept. I can run the desktop example just fine on my mac but not the iOS sample.

The error I’m currently seeing is Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code in XCode.

Do you have any pointers on how to debug such problems @dominicletz?

Have a look at the detailed build errors in XCode. This looks like the mix compile which is executed by XCode during the deployment failed. You’ll find it in the output panel - imho apple has done a great job at hiding that…

Let me know if you have trouble finding that and I can post a screenshot later tonight.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer :slight_smile:
You were right, they have done an awesome job at hiding the build output panel :smiley: The problem was that xcode could not find my installation of mix (which is installed through nix). After specifying the whole path the script went through and the app “started” (as in: it did show the launch screen).

Now I have the problem that it crashes on start but I assume that this is because of non matching BEAM versions since I haven’t yet installed the correct elixir Version specified in the readme.

1 Like

Yes, non-matching beam versions will crash

1 Like