Elixir Developer - Backend and Frontend (LiveView) - USA - Remote

Introductory paragraph

Hi! We’re Payitoff and we’re here to make a dent in the student loan challenges affecting 45,000,000 Americans. We power in-app experiences for fintechs and financial institutions via our API and embeddable widget. We also built out extensive aggregation infrastructure to rival Plaid.

And it’s all Elixir.

About us

My name: Desmond Monster Bowe
My position: CTO
Company name: Payitoff
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):

We’ve been around for four years and our CEO wrote the original app (in Elixir). We use Elixir from the ground up to power our aggregation infrastructure, business logic, API, and even our embeddable widget via LiveView. That’s right, we wrote an entire single page app in LiveView.

Most of us at the company have been using Elixir for over five years, and we have one old school Erlanger, so it’s a great place to flex a bit or develop your Elixir skills.

About the job

Job title: Front End / Back End engineer
Job description:
Salary range: $175k
Position on remote work: Fully Remote, US Timezones only
Qualifications or experience required: Several years’ experience building applications. I expect you have used either several web/JS/CSS frameworks (depending on which position you’re interested in) OR one framework really really well. You should also have a couple languages under your belt. We’re happy to train you up on Elixir, but it should be a running start. Fintech experience is also desirable.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Developing our payments infrastructure, aggregation infrastructure, and new sweet tools for borrowers to make the best, most informed decisions about their student loans.

About the interview process

FIRST I will have a conversation with you to see if there’s a basic fit. THEN I will have a more extensive pairing interview where we will work together on a problem to see how we communicate and how you solve problems. This interview is not intended to assess your knowledge of either our app or the problem domain. AFTER THAT you will meet the engineering team and they will ask you some questions to learn about your style and experience. AND THEN you’ll have a phone call with our Head of Product and CEO so they can look you over. FINALLY I will make you an offer. No whiteboards.

Further info

Please email me at desmond [at] payitoff.io

thanks!

5 Likes

Congratulations on including the salary range. This should be mandatory in all job posts across the web and we should not apply to any that don’t include one :slight_smile:

7 Likes