At Slab, we are on a mission to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose. We believe that writing is the best way for teams to retain and share knowledge. Since the beginning, we’ve been fanatically focused on building the best knowledge base for every team.
We are backed by top-tier investors, including Matrix Partners, CRV, and NEA. Today, Slab is trusted by thousands of teams, such as Asana, Glossier, and Vevo.
As an engineering team, we deeply care about solving our users’ pain points as well as our engineering quality. We thrive on learning from each other. Our team has been globally remote from the start, so we have the infrastructure to support flexible work arrangements.
In this role, you’ll be joining a small group of experienced engineers and will play a critical role in building both our product and our codebase itself.
My name: Chengyin Liu
My position: Co-founder
Company name: Slab
Country: United States
About the job
Job title: Software Engineer
Job description: You will drive product initiatives while maintaining a high-quality standard in our codebase. You will receive input on product and design requirements, and will be responsible for transforming these design concepts into engineering reality. Our codebase is relatively small and clean, and we are always open to improving our style and practices!
Salary range: Competitive
Position on remote work: Our team is globally distributed with a HQ in San Francisco.
Qualifications or experience required:
- You have a strong technical background, with experience solving complex problems within a software development team
- You love delighting users by creating great product experiences
- You’re curious to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
- You communicate with clarity and precision, whether with teammates or users
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject-matter experts
- You are self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- You identify with Slab’s mission and values
Our tech stack:
- GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
- Phoenix + Elixir
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Google Compute Platform