Backend Developer - Remote
Equilibrium is a venture studio and services company that develops Web3 infrastructure. We believe that our collective financial and social infrastructure should be open-source, peer-to-peer, and private by default.
We currently employ over 30 engineers, economists, and cryptographers across the globe and work with some of the most ambitious organisations in the business, including Ethereum Foundation, Web3 Foundation, Zcash Foundation, Protocol Labs, Forte, Dapper, and Aleo to name but a few.
We are looking for an Elixir Engineer to join our team to build complex and mission-critical systems. You would be working with our distributed team of engineers on new products, core protocols, or client projects. The position is remote-first, but we hope to get some face time in the form of company retreats if such things are ever possible post-pandemic. Most of the work we do is or will eventually be open source.
My name: Daren Tuzi
Company name: Equilibrium
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and understanding complex protocols
- Designing, implementing, and documenting concurrent, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems
- Developing protocols or protocol-driven applications in Elixir and occasionally in Erlang
- Designing and developing testing and quality assurance processes
- Communicating with clients or open source communities
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Experience in systems programming and functional programming
- Ability to design interoperable software architectures
- At least 3+ years of experience in collaborative software development
- Full proficiency in English
- Strong knowledge of the OTP framework and the BEAM
- Experience in microservices and API development
- Experience with domain-specific languages
- Experience with payment processing or fintech
- Cryptography & infosec knowledge
Salary & benefits:
Salary and benefits will be negotiated separately based on the candidate’s skills and experience. Please note that we hire our international talent residing outside of Finland with contractor status (being a contractor at Equilibrium does not mean short-term projects or no benefits!) Take this into consideration and make sure to include your salary request in the application!
More about the company:
Read more about our vision and projects on our website.
Please, include in your application:
- A short paragraph on why you would like to work at Equilibrium specifically.
- Links to any relevant content (Github, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Your salary request.
- Potential starting date.
To apply for this position, go to