craig127
I’ve been diving into Elixir and wondering if anyone here has built blockchain apps with it. It seems like the scalability and concurrency features could be a perfect fit for decentralized apps. Would love to hear if anyone’s tried it or has ideas.
Trending in Discussions
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sodapopcan
Ha, there was a time where it seemed that every time a job was posted in the jobs sections that it felt impossible to find Elixir work in anything other than crypto/blockchain. That’s not so much the case anymore but if you scroll back a bit through there you will find a bunch of companies that use(d?) it for that.
I personally have zero experience, your question just struck a chord, lol.
Also, welcome to Elixir Forum!
rhcarvalho
Yes, absolutely!
https://github.com/wowica/blocks
I know this project and a few related projects through a friend mine, not sure if he’s hanging out here in the forum.
Welcome to the Elixir Community!
craig127
That’s interesting to hear! I guess Elixir and blockchain had a bit of a moment back then.
I’m still figuring out how Elixir fits in, especially for stuff like dApps with heavy transactions or oracles.
And thanks for the welcome!
caike
I think the BEAM is a great fit for building blockchain infrastructure. Its main features are perfectly aligned with what is expected from a blockchain network - highly concurrent, fault-tolerant, and resilient distributed systems.
I have been working on a few Elixir based projects for the Cardano blockchain including the “light” explorer that @rhcarvalho has mentioned as well as Xogmios, the Elixir library used under the hood:
rankko
Hey, I’m new here, so I don’t want to come off like I’m pushing something, but I think there’s a good opportunity to explore exactly what you’re talking about.
There’s a hackathon starting with CODEBEAM that combines blockchain with Erlang and Elixir. The hackathon might be a good opportunity to see how Elixir’s scalability and concurrency can fit into a blockchain environment.
I know blockchain isn’t for everyone… but if you’re curious about it, the top prize is $15k USD, so it could be worth checking out. Here’s the submission guide if you want to learn more:
CodeBeam 2024 Hackathon
Let me know whether this aligns with your ideas or if there’s something specific you think Elixir could bring to dApp development. Cheers!
dhony
As an endeavor to learning blockchain, I’ve started to study the repository, and also trying to make some small contributions.
craig127
thanks mate, I will take a look at it
vlmoon99
Seeking thoughts on smart contracts on Elixir and Orb - I can provide in the future an option of writing smart contracts on Elixir on the Near Blockchain, if it’s interesting for u pls participate in the poll on the Github