Elixir Full Stack Developer at Steady

Introductory paragraph

We’re looking for another developer to join our small team at Steady. You’ll mostly be working on our Phoenix application.

About us

My name: Manuel
My position: CTO
Company name: Steady Media GmbH
Company info and history:
Our product team consists of a product owner, 2 designers, a software tester and 5 developers. Now we’re looking for the 6th. The first commit in our main application is from May 2016. We’ve been happily using Elixir and Phoenix from the beginning.

About the job

Job title: Elixir Full Stack Developer (f/m/d)

Job description: You’ll mostly work on our Phoenix app. We’ve also got a little Vue.js app and some infrastructure tools. As our team is still small enough, everyone owns everything.

Position on remote work: Fully remote, but requires timezone overlap with Berlin, Germany. If you want, you can also work from our office in Berlin.

Qualifications or experience required: at least 3 years of experience doing professional full stack web development and some experience with Elixir.

What the successful job applicant will be working on:
We’ve got a Phoenix monolith that we spend most of our effort on. Besides that, we have a smaller Vue.js app and some infrastructure tools, mostly also written in Elixir. You would be working on all of those. As we’re a small, agile team, you would be involved in all steps of the development process. From designing the architecture to deploying and monitoring it.

About the interview process

First, you will have a call with me, where I can explain more about the interview process, and we would get to know each other a bit.

After that, we would like to see a sample of how you work. We’re going to ask you to implement a small change in an existing repository on Github.
If you’re active in open source and can show us some code, and more importantly some interaction with others, like issues or pull requests that you’ve participated in, we can skip this step.

After this, you’ll have a call with two other developers in our team to discuss the result, get to know each other and ask questions about the team.

Then, as the final step, you’ll get the chance to participate in one of our stand ups or a different team meeting, so you can get a better feeling for the dynamic in our team.

Further info
Please see the job description with a lot more info at https://steady-media-jobs.personio.de/job/263924 . That’s also where you can apply for this position.

3 Likes