Elixir/LiveView Engineer - Pebble REI - Remote Worldwide

Shape the future of land investing, wherever you are

Join our fully-remote team building the most incredible product for land investors.

My name: Kevin Rockwood
My position: Co-Founder/CTO
Company name: Pebble REI
Company website: Pebble
Company headquarters (country): Vancouver, CA

Who We Are

Pebble is a platform for land investors to systemize and scale their businesses. We’re a bootstrapped SAAS company founded in 2019. We’re profitable, growing quickly, and our customers rave about us. Our team is fully remote with people from all over the world. Each team member is critical to our success and makes a direct impact on the business.

What we value

• We’re customer obsessed
  • We seek progress over perfection
  • We’re kind and respectful
  • We’re curiosity powered
  • We’re accountable to deliver
  • We’re dynamic communicators

Who you are

You’re a full-stack engineer with experience developing customer-facing, web-based software. You care deeply about your users and strive make their lives better through the products you build. You are well versed at taking a feature from concept to reality. You have an end-to-end understanding of web-based software with one or two areas that you’ve studied deeply and consider yourself an expert. You care deeply about building a sustainable codebase and strive to leave things better than you found them.

What you’ll do as a Software Engineer at Pebble

You’ll work with our fully-remote development team building our core product. You’ll be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of our platform, ensuring high-quality, well-tested code. You’ll work with highly-qualified team members to develop new features, seek feedback from users, and launch them to everyone.

Experience and skills that are important for success in this role

Pebble is built using cutting-edge technologies. We push the envelope on what’s possible and challenge conventional wisdom. Our core product is written in Elixir using the Phoenix and LiveView frameworks. We rely on additional services written in Javascript and PHP.

Responsibilities:

1. Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other developers to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
  2. Architect, develop, and test new software features using the Elixir language and the Phoenix framework.
  3. Maintain and enhance existing codebase, ensuring code quality, best practices, and optimal performance.
  4. Participate in code reviews, provide feedback to colleagues, and incorporate feedback into your work. Drive continuous improvement initiatives, optimizing development processes, tools, and methodologies to enhance productivity and efficiency.
  5. Write unit, integration, and functional tests using tools like ExUnit to ensure software quality.
  6. Profile and optimize application performance to ensure a seamless user experience.

Qualifications:

1. Proven experience (2+ years) in software development.
    a. Familiarity with functional programming concepts
    b. Experience with the Erlang Virtual Machine (BEAM), Elixir, Phoenix, and LiveView frameworks
    c. Proficiency in front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript
  2. Solid understanding of software architecture principles and design patterns.
  3. Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
  4. Familiarity with agile development methodologies and tools to drive iterative software development.
  5. Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical challenges.
  6. Strong communication and collaboration skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams.

Compensation

• $60-80k USD + bonus depending on experience and location
  • Paid health insurance (US & Canada)
  • 3 weeks vacation
  • Flexible and remote work environment
  • $2,000/year for home office expenses

How we hire

At Pebble, we put a lot of time and care into who we hire. We believe that in order to build a world-class product, we need high-impact people. Our recruitment process centers around a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you. Here’s how the process works:

1. Apply
    Submit your application including all the relevant information about yourself and your experience.

2. Initial Call
    You’ll meet with one of our co-founders for a phone or virtual conversation where you’ll share your experience, ask questions and tell us what you’re interested in.

3. Technical Interview
    We don’t believe in hand-written coding challenges. We’ll ask you to participate in solving a real-world problem that demonstrates your technical aptitude and ability to communicate effectively.

4. Team Alignment
    You’ll meet one-on-one with additional team members to ensure we’re a good fit.

5. Decision
    We value the time and effort you’ve put into our interview process, so we’ll do our best make a decision quickly and communicate it with you.

Apply now

5 Likes

I’m based in Ghana and am genuinely excited about the opportunity at Pebble. I hope the team is receptive to having someone from Africa on board. I’m eager to contribute and be a part of your vision. I believe in the vision of Pebble and am confident in the value I can bring to the team.

3 Likes

Yes, please apply!

1 Like

Hi, @rockwood

Is this position still open?

@victorferreira That position has been filled. Please keep an eye on join.pebblerei.com for new posts.

Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on it. :wink: