nmacuk
Hello,
I have a worker that calls another module
def perform(%Oban.Job{args: form_response}) do
sms_typeform_request_uuid = get_in(form_response, ["hidden", "sms_typeform_request_uuid"])
response =
case get_in(form_response, ["answers", Access.at(0), "choices", "labels"]) do
["Yes" <> _] -> "confirmed"
["No" <> _] -> "declined"
end
message =
MyApp.Client.publish_message(
name: "typeform_response",
correlation_key: sms_typeform_request_uuid,
variables: %{sms_typeform_response: response}
)
case message do
:ok -> :ok
{:error, error} -> {:error, error}
end
end
And in my test I have a following setup
test_with_mock "job", MyApp.Client,
[publish_message: fn(_) ->
:ok
end]do
assert :ok ==
perform_job(MyApp.Worker.TypeformResponseNotifier, %{
"answers" => [
%{
"choices" => %{"labels" => ["Yes, Date is ok"]},
],
"hidden" => %{"sms_typeform_request_uuid" => "UYl2Mw_m"}
})
assert_called(
MyApp.Client.publish_message(
task_type: "typeform_response",
correlation_key: UYl2Mw_m,
variables: %{sms_typeform_response: "confirmed"}
)
)
end```
But the test fails with this:
Expected call but did not receive it. Calls which were received:
0. Elixir.MyApp.Client.publish_message([name: "typeform_response", correlation_key: "UYl2Mw_m", variables: %{sms_typeform_response: "confirmed"}]) (returned :ok)
code: assert_called(
What Am I doing wrong? What happens?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Oban Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
stefanchrobot
You’re passing
"typeform_response"under a different key in your tests vs in the code (task_typevsname).If anyone’s wondering, the test is using
Mock.