echojoys
I’d like to ask you all about the configuration of your elixir nvim using packer and what plugin you are using. Thank you very much!
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 9- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
asenchi
I spent some time last year updating my nvim configuration to use Lua. It has a focus on Elixir, but there are still some annoyances I haven’t spent time to figure out. For instance, when you create a new module, the “end” doesn’t format properly, it remains indented. Little things like that.
Perhaps you can find some usefulness in the config: GitHub - asenchi/nvim: nvim config · GitHub
Hermanverschooten
I use LunarVim, it comes with all the bells and whistles.
echojoys
Thank you for your answer, because I used to use vscode, now migrate to vim, encountered a lot of problems, but after two days of adaptation has been much better, elixir at present I only use code highlighting, because there is auto-completion and syntax checking, setting is more troublesome, currently no formal development use, your answer has provided me with a lot of help. Thank you again!
echojoys
I haven’t used it, haha. But I went to look at it and he was really cool, I’ll try with it later
dimitarvp
I can vouch for LunarVim, it’s extremely good. Very sensible IDE experience in the terminal with very few tweaks needed (like pre-installing LSP and syntax parsing modules for each language you’re interested in).
They have this problem that almost every update breaks your config but there has been discussion with the community and they are working hard to make it more stable. Even though I got grumpy a few times because I had to change my
config.luaand/or reinstall LunarVim altogether I am still very happy with it.MartinElvar
Sounds interesting I’m gonna give it a try, tho i’ve been running Doom Emacs for a year soonish. There might be some ideas i can steal to my emacs config.
dimitarvp
I never once got motivation to become an “Emacs hacker” so I eventually gave up.
Currently using CentaurEmacs when coding some Golang but Emacs in general is just slow (on macOS at least). I am at the latest 29.0 release candidate and it’s still slow.
IMO Emacs is unsalvageable. I still like it a lot but NeoVim – and its kin e.g. like LunarVim and NvChad, both configs on top of NeoVim – is just much faster.
flc
Maybe not exactly the answer you’re looking for, but since I saw some suggestions about using LunarVim, then this suggestion may serve you.
Recently I decided to switch my whole configuration, which I’ve been carrying and developing for years, to Lua. The Lua part wasn’t a big deal, but I chose to switch on the go some of the plugins I’ve been using and, after a week dealing with broken stuff, I quit trying to start from scratch by myself and decided to use kickstart which has pretty sane plugins and defaults.
You may like it too and can be used as a starting point.
adamu
Some of mine:
Essential
https://github.com/neoclide/coc.nvim
https://github.com/elixir-lsp/coc-elixir
https://github.com/elixir-lang/vim-elixir
Helpful
https://github.com/scrooloose/nerdcommenter
https://github.com/vim-airline/vim-airline
https://github.com/tpope/vim-fugitive
https://github.com/tpope/vim-endwise
https://github.com/junegunn/fzf