rokku3kpvc
I have an umbrella application which has logger configuration in the root config.exs file:
config :logger,
compile_time_purge_level: :debug,
backends: [
{LoggerFileBackend, :backends_log}
]
config :logger, :backends_log,
path: "path/to/awesome.log",
level: :debug,
metadata: :all
After updating OTP from 22 to 24 version (elixir 1.12.3, erlang 24.1), backends_log is not starting and all logs are going to STDOUT with default console backend.
But configuration is still same:
Application.get_all_env(:kernel)
=> [
logger: [
{:handler, :default, :logger_std_h,
%{
config: %{type: :standard_io},
formatter: {:logger_formatter,
%{legacy_header: true, single_line: false}}
}}
],
logger_sasl_compatible: false,
logger_level: :notice,
shell_docs_ansi: :auto
]
Application.get_all_env(:logger)
=> [
handle_sasl_reports: true,
discard_threshold: 5000,
compile_time_purge_matching: [],
sync_threshold: 10000,
utc_log: false,
console: [],
backends_log: [path: "path/to/awesome.log", level: :debug, metadata: :all],
start_options: [],
pdu_format_reviewer_error_count: [level: :error],
compile_time_application: nil,
backends: [
{LoggerFileBackend, :backends_log}
],
discard_threshold_periodic_check: 30000,
translators: [
{Plug.Cowboy.Translator, :translate},
{Logger.Translator, :translate}
],
compile_time_purge_level: :debug,
truncate: 8096,
log_counter: [level: :debug],
handle_otp_reports: true,
discard_threshold_for_error_logger: 500,
translator_inspect_opts: []
]
:logger.get_primary_config()
=> %{
filter_default: :log,
filters: [process_disabled: {&Logger.Filter.process_disabled/2, []}],
level: :debug,
metadata: %{}
}
I can fix this problem with Runtime Configuration
Logger.add_backend({LoggerFileBackend, :backends_log})
Logger.configure_backend(
{LoggerFileBackend, :backends_log},
path: "path/to/awesome.log",
level: :debug,
metadata: :all
)
Logger.remove_backend(Logger.Backends.Console)
but I think Application Configuration is more proper way.
How should I fix this problem?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hauleth
Did the
:loggerapplication started? That may be the source of the problem, askernel.loggeris updated only whenLoggerapplication starts. Just beware, thatloggerconfiguration is not applied during compilation, it is only runtime thing.rokku3kpvc
Yes, it did