bagasprstyadi

bagasprstyadi

Hi, I have a problem when creating PDF using elixir-pdf-generator from this library GitHub - gutschilla/elixir-pdf-generator: Create PDFs with wkhtmltopdf or puppeteer/chromium from Elixir. · GitHub

Basically I already followed all the instruction and use the wkhtmltopdf. When I tried to create it using the example.

PdfGenerator.generate {:url, "http://google.com"}, page_size: "A5"

What I get is a PDF that is the page of google but all the string are blank (failed to render)

Can anyone help me? I’m currently stuck here

This also happened when I create using the html stirng from my local device.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Wild guess: missing font?

maltoe

maltoe

Not really on topic, but:

Last time I looked into it, wkhtmltopdf didn’t look like a healthy project very much: still using ancient QtWebkit, not much development happening, etc. They have a pretty good writeup on the library’s status on their homepage wkhtmltopdf, which didn’t exactly makes you want to start using it for new projects either. I can only recommend switching to a recent Chrome/Chromium as your rendering engine, if you can. There are a few libraries in Elixir-land that have support for it, and it might solve your rendering issues as well.

olivermt

olivermt

This seems fantastic.

tessi

tessi

This blog post gives a little more insight on different PDF printers from a performance perspective:

It seems that ChromicPDF is up to 60 times faster for small PDFs than pdf_generator (and even faster compared to pupeteer_pdf).

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews