dubesoftware
Hey everyone,
I currently use Rails and am learning Elixir/ OTP and soon, Phoenix LiveView.
I’ve always been interested to see how various frameworks stack up in terms of running costs. Is anyone willing to share what Phoenix LiveView projects they work on and what the running costs are? Metrics like monthly server/ hosting, db fees etc would be interesting to note.
TIA.
Trending in Discussions
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
(I just needed to vent somewhere and LinkedIn is full of hope, or hype, I’m not sure which exactly)
AI dream has many faces, but general...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
JohnnyCurran
I run two fairly low traffic Phoenix LiveView sites off of a Hetzner 2gb RAM instance for about $5/month (€3.85/mo)
DB lives on the app server so no db fees
crova
Same Hetzner instance here but I got 3 apps.
All with db on the server so no costs here.
They’re pretty low traffic as well but I still have a lot of room on the server to go.
I work on 2 apps that are hosted on Fly and they don’t cost much either (can’t go much on details but one of them has a decent amount of traffic).
dubesoftware
That’s interesting to note. I wonder how much load/ traffic a 2GB instance with a DB on the same could sustain before needing horizontal scaling?
As a scenario, let’s suppose one wrote an MVP to validate a SaaS app idea and deployed it to gather feedback and build a mailing list. What managed hosting plan with auto-scaling would be a good minimum? Something like Heroku + Judoscale, but for Phoenix LiveView?