Alto Financial is a Bitcoin startup focused on building the best custodial Bitcoin wallet and USD/BTC brokerage service. We are looking to hire 1 to 2 senior Elixir/Full-stack engineers to work alongside the Bitcoin/Security engineers to build out the main web app and API. Our stack is Elixir/Phoenix for the web service and Go for backend Bitcoin services. We are looking for engineers who can move quickly and help guide the technical direction of the web stack.
My name: Alexander Leishman
My position: CEO & CTO
Company name: Alto Financial
Website: None yet
Company info and history:
We are a new startup, pre-product. Joining us means working on a small team that is passionate and dedicated to what we are building.
About the job
Job title: Senior Engineer
Job description: Full-stack Elixir Web Engineer
Salary range: $100-$140 with significant equity grant.
Position on remote work: Every now and then is ok, but should be in office majority of time
Qualifications or experience required: At least 3-5 years in web/software engineering, web security experience required, at least some Elixir/Erlang experience, interest/experience with Bitcoin a huge plus!
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Building our primary web application and API for mobile apps in Elixir/Phoenix. Writing secure code is a very important part of the job.
- Writing tests for your code
- Working closely with designer and Bitcoin engineers to build and guide a product on the cutting edge of financial technology
- Front-end engineering (depending on expertise)
- Devops: deployment, CI, etc.
- Building web applications for internal use (customer service, administration, etc.) eventually
About the interview process
- Phone screen/introductory call
- In person interview ~2hrs
Please contact me at alex [at] alto.financial and include:
- Your Resume/Linkedin
- Your Github Profile
- Links to anything else you’ve built that you want to share