Elixir/Phoenix Senior Eng @ Alto Financial (Bitcoin Startup) in San Francisco

Introductory paragraph

Alto Financial is a Bitcoin startup focused on building the best custodial Bitcoin wallet and USD/BTC brokerage service. We are looking to hire 1 to 2 senior Elixir/Full-stack engineers to work alongside the Bitcoin/Security engineers to build out the main web app and API. Our stack is Elixir/Phoenix for the web service and Go for backend Bitcoin services. We are looking for engineers who can move quickly and help guide the technical direction of the web stack.

About us

My name: Alexander Leishman
My position: CEO & CTO
Company name: Alto Financial
Company info and history:
We are a new startup, pre-product. Joining us means working on a small team that is passionate and dedicated to what we are building.

About the job

Job title: Senior Engineer

Job description: Full-stack Elixir Web Engineer

Salary range: $100-$140 with significant equity grant.

Position on remote work: Every now and then is ok, but should be in office majority of time

Qualifications or experience required: At least 3-5 years in web/software engineering, web security experience required, at least some Elixir/Erlang experience, interest/experience with Bitcoin a huge plus!

What the successful job applicant will be working on:

• Building our primary web application and API for mobile apps in Elixir/Phoenix. Writing secure code is a very important part of the job.
  • Writing tests for your code
  • Working closely with designer and Bitcoin engineers to build and guide a product on the cutting edge of financial technology
  • Front-end engineering (depending on expertise)
  • Devops: deployment, CI, etc.
  • Building web applications for internal use (customer service, administration, etc.) eventually

About the interview process

1. Phone screen/introductory call
  2. In person interview ~2hrs

Further info

Please contact me at alex [at] alto.financial and include:

1. Your Resume/Linkedin
  2. Your Github Profile
  3. Links to anything else you’ve built that you want to share
2 Likes

For further developments, you can follow us at our website: https://alto.financial