We’re looking for an experienced Elixir developer to help us build a decentralized Google Drive alternative with our team in Berlin. Our application stack is bottom to top Elixir using Phx.LiveView.
My name: Dominic Letz
My position: CTO
Company name: Diode
Country: US Company, Berlin office
Company info and history:
We’ve incubated Diode out of an IoT company last year - we’ve been using Erlang&Elixir for over 9 before Diode started and so it was the most natural choice. We’re focusing on privacy preserving technology and decentralization. We are evangelists of the Web3 movement and the Ethereum blockchain technology.
The Diode tech stack is today made of three major pieces:
- Diode Server - Elixir written open source mesh network & blockchain node that is the backend for our decentralized communication. GitHub - diodechain/diode_server_ex: Diode Server
- Diode Drive - Elixir written closed decentralized “off-cloud” app for sharing files and collaborating without handing all your data over to a cloud.
- Diode Client - Golang open source mesh network client that allows registering decentralized BNS names (DNS on Blockchain), sending data e2e encrypted through the network and publishing decentralized Web3 webservices. GitHub - diodechain/diode_go_client: Diode client written in GO that runs the Blockquick™ algorithm and a socks server to transmit data through diodechain.
About the job
Job title: Senior Backend Engineer (Erlang/Elixir, Go)
Job description: You will work primarliy on the Diode Drive app that is top to bottom Elixir, help add features and work with customers and the internal team on direct feedback.
Salary range: Depends on candidate. We’re willing to grow a junior into the position if there is potential.
Position on remote work: Local work in Berlin required.
Qualifications or experience required:
- You have 5+ years of work experience with as a backend engineer - or you’re fresh out of University but are obsessed with Elixir (in that case non-senior position)
- You have relevant experience with Elixir and/or OTP
- You’re proficient with using git, GitHub and hex.pm to find existing software to solve your problems.
- You have a good understanding of software architecture and application design
- You regularly read other peoples code be it in code reviews, to vet open source dependencies, or to just learn more.
- You have a passion for clean, maintainable and testable code
- You are humble, transparent and enjoy working with the people around you
- You are proactive and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
About the interview process
- 1-ON-1 local interview 45min - 60min
- Follow up zoom or phone call
Checkout the full job description here: Senior Backend Engineer (Erlang/Elixir, Go)
And apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Hp46ZiXDBQY9A8vX0LIk343rhB29FM9OwS8V5jEUXXg/edit
If you’ve got any questions feel free to reach out to me!